Coaching at Mukilteo FC
MUKILTEO FC COACHES ARE VOLUNTEERS
All prospective coaches are required to fill out an application form.
Please fill out our online application or learn more about the coaching qualifications and responsibilities below. If you have any questions, please email our Select Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coaching Education Opportunities
- National Coaching License Reimbursement
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Apparel Package
- Player Fee Discount
Mukilteo Youth Soccer Club (Mukilteo FC) strives to attract the best volunteer head coaches. Most of our head coaches are parents of players in the Club, have kids who have graduated from the MYSC program or have been assistant coaches. Our coaches take great pride in working with players to help develop their soccer skills, life skills, and love of the game.
Each prospective coach goes through an interview process. We look for the following:
- Prior youth soccer coaching experience
- Professional coaching licenses or the willingness to attain these and attend coach training sessions
- A good reputation and references will benefit Mukilteo FC
- A clear ability to guide, teach and motivate youth players
- Good communication skills to interact effectively with parents and others
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate weekday practices, weekend games, and tournaments
The following information highlights specific team responsibilities. The HEAD COACH is the Mukilteo FC team liaison and assumes the responsibility of ensuring that the team meets these obligations.
- Each team must have an assigned Head Coach. Head coaches of teams in the select program will complete, sign and agree to a Coach’s agreement that stipulates, among other things, the program’s philosophy.
- Each team must have a Team Manager different from the head coach.
- Each team is responsible for certain administrative functions.
- Each team must maintain a current Medical Release Form for each player. These forms must be available at all MYSC practices, games, and activities.
- Read and be familiar with the Mukilteo FC Program, and encourage these ideals through positive reinforcement with players.
- Attend in-house coaching education sessions and look to further their formal coaching education through US Soccer (reimbursed by the club upon successful completion).
- Manage sideline behavior in accordance with all governing bodies and MYSC Code of Conduct standards.
- Coach the players in a fair, sportsmanlike, and conscientious manner.
- Respect the referees and their authority.
- Notify MYSC, in writing, of the names of all Assistant Coaches, Team Contacts, Trainers, or anyone who will spend consistent time with the players relative to MYSC soccer activities. They must complete all required paperwork.
- Head Coaches will attend all coaches’ meetings or ensure that a team representative attends.
- Maintain a current MYSC team roster to include all coaches, team contact, and players. Keep this team roster with the team at all times. MYSC officials are authorized to request roster verification at any time.